Friday, April 20, 2012

Playing with clay: Meet Arliss

Arliss with hair and scarf.

Well, I finally ripped into the clay and made a practice head. My first attempt!

This is Arliss in her latest form. Below are the various stages getting her to this latest form.

I found two pearl-ish buttons in my button box, so used those for her eyes. I just used a blue sharpy to color the pupils.

Her hair is a curl snipped from an old wig I wore in a melodrama about 9 or 10 years ago.

I had such fun playing with the clay!

Next, I think I'll work on a body and little clothes for her. Hoping to carve out a little time this weekend to do that!

1. The lump of clay
2. Hello, I'm Arliss.
3. Hair and a hat of flowers?
4. Not liking this at all.
5. Really? Ouch.
6. Oh yes, this will do!

No comments:

Post a Comment