Sunday, October 7, 2012

My latest alcohol ink and collage pieces

"Moon Over Red Rocks" by Krystyn Hartman
I attended an excellent artist marketing workshop taught by popular Western Colorado artist Dianna Fritzler late last month and my homework per Dianna is to make a 16x20 piece.

Becauase I'm not sure what to make that big, I am making some smaller pieces with the bigger piece in mind.

This one with the dark and cloudy night sky over the red rocks is an idea I'm considering for the big 16x20 piece. The moon in the upper right is actually silver metallic, but its hard to tell in the photo. The dark red is a lot more vivid than came through in the photo.

I'm also making smaller pieces to use as covers for the handmade books we're learning to make in Maxine Bucholtz's bookmaking class.

The black tree with cranberry flowers that will be used for a cover on a handmade book was inspired by the two rhinestones.


Book cover with rhinestones
I had the two rhinestones and wanted to incorporate them into something so I chose the black, purple, and cranberry alcohol inks for the piece, then added the silver metallic circle (an orange juice bottle top), and the two rhinestones. And voila!

I will make the book that it will cover after we get through the bookmaking class. I want to do the coptic stitch book for this one. We've learned three book stitches so far.

Love the class! My husband and I are taking the class together, which is wonderful!

Hope we do another coptic stitch book in the class because I can't remember how to start the stitches. I remember what to do once started, but just can't remember how to start it. We have three more classes left so if we don't cover it again, I'm going to ask Maxine in the last class to show me again!

No comments:

Post a Comment