Monday, July 9, 2012

My first art piece with alcohol inks!

I am completely hooked on this medium: alcohol inks on yupo paper! Artist and poet Wendy Videlock gave a demonstration of the inks on the yupo yesterday at the Blue Pig Gallery in Palisade. (Wendy's alcohol ink paintings are extraordinary; she is the featured artist at the Blue Pig this month!) I sat there and watched and asked questions for about 45 minutes; taking copious notes! She is delightful! I was completely fascinated, mesmerized, hypnotyzed!

This morning, I dashed over to the Artists Haven for the basic supplies and this afternoon I broke out my notes, opened up the inks. Wendy said, "play with the inks at first, each color behaves differently, so get familiar with them -- and have fun." So, that's exactly what I did and I am completely hooked!

"For My Uncle" by Krystyn Hartman. Alcohol Inks on Yupo.
Here is my first art piece using the alcohol inks on the yupo paper! Fun!

I used six colors (Brand: Jim Holtz Adirondack), applied them using H2O brush pens, spritzing the piece occasionally with acohol blending solution.

I am so in love with this medium!

Can't wait till I'm more familiar with it so I can incorporate objects like sticks, stones, and metal into the pieces. I just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment